thebookdevourer

The Book Devourer

Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers
Mary Roach
Stories: All-New Tales
Lawrence Block, Richard Adams, Roddy Doyle, Jeffery Deaver, Chuck Palahniuk, Joyce Carol Oates, Diana Wynne Jones, Peter Straub, Michael Marshall Smith, Michael Swanwick, Tim Powers, Joanne Harris, Gene Wolfe, Michael Moorcock, Stewart O'Nan, Jeffrey Ford, Walter Mosley,
Twilight - Stephenie Meyer, Stephenie Meyer Alright already, geez! I normally shy away from the heavily marketed series novels such as this, but I read THE HOST first and really liked it so I figured I'd see what all the fuss was about. Plus, my friend is making me go see the movie when it comes out and I don't want to read the book with any pre-perceptions from the film. I don't think I will be forced to go to the movie anyway, since I enjoy vampire novels. If you are interested in the topic, THE HISTORIAN by Elizabeth Kostova is excellent and contains a pretty heavy geography and history lesson to boot!

As far as TWILIGHT goes, it really was pretty good. I didn't realize how much I was reading it until I finished it and was surprised at how quickly I had done so. It does feel like a YA novel, though, as it is pretty cheesy in some parts and you're thinking COME ON ALREADY, why isn't doing or saying . But I did start [b:NEW MOON|49041|New Moon (The Twilight Saga, Book 2)|Stephenie Meyer|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/414jgcy2FAL._SL75_.jpg|3203964] right away because I want to finish the series before someone spoils it for me.